Crystal Cove is a great beginners backpacking trip for those who live in Southern California because of its convenient location and its short 3 mile hike to the primitive campground. Crystal Cove offers 3 primitive campsites to choose from, Lower Moro, Upper Moro, and Deer Canyon. Here you can practice your backpacking skills and test out your new gear while still only being a few miles away from the city. Crystal Cove also offers car camping if you choose to do so located at its Moro Campground.
The Quick Mile:
- This is neither beach nor car camping.
- Three mile uphill hike inland to campsite away from beach.
- Must pack everything in and out including water.
- No fires are allowed, bring backpacking stove.
- No pets allowed.
- Reservations could be made through Reserve America.
Trail map provided by crystal cove state park.